The Lake Neighbors

This is a resource section for mtgs notes, upcoming events and discussions on all topics related to living in our neighborhood. for more info visit: www.lakeneighbors.org or check out our facebook page!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

At last! I have scheduled earthquake preparedness courses for Lake Neighbors folks. We have neighborhood CORE classes 1 and 11 scheduled. November 2nd for CORE 1 and November 16th, CORE 11. There are 11 of you already signed up and we need a minimum of 15. There is no limit they will teach but we are limited to the amount of space at the F.M. Smith Recreation Center. I think that space could handle 50. So bring your friends and neighbors. You can sign up with me, at rstein94606@yahoo.com. , or you can also sign up at the Oakland Earthquake Preparedness website. I still need to send them a message to open up the site, but I thought to wait a bit to make sure Lake Neighbors signed up first, in case their is a huge interest by the public and space fills up. (I am be dreaming). For more info, go to the Oakland website, address at the bottom of my note. You can also call me for questions (510) 299-9984 or (510) 629-3213. Remember, if you want to sign up at the City of Oakland website, give me a few days to let them know to open it up to the public. Here is their web page. http://www.oaklandnet.com/fire/core/training.html

1 comment: